This position has hands-on involvement in all aspects of marketing and event production with a focus on implementing marketing strategies and executing successful events. This position requires an individual who is high-energy, personable, motivated, organized, and has the ability to multitask, anticipate marketing needs, and assist in executing high-quality events.
- Assists in the development and execution of revenue-generating and content-driven PHOENIX, Phoenix Home & Garden, and CWM events. Those events currently include the following, with more to be added in 2024:
- Dish Fest
- Best Fest
- Arizona Craft Beer Awards Festival
- Garden Tour
- Home Tour
- Viva Big Bend
- Cocktail Camp
- Works with CRO and Marketing Director to develop and implement portfolio of events including, but not limited to signature publication events, consumer expos, community and cultural events, B2B events, and sponsored and client-driven programming and activations.
- Partners with PHOENIX and Phoenix Home & Garden editorial departments to integrate content into event programming as needed.
- Assists in ensuring that event execution meets budgetary expectations to ensure profitability.
- Facilitates creation of sales collateral for CWM events
- Coordinates print and digital products to ensure effective and timely event promotions.
- Assists in managing ticketing, RSVPs, general attendance and ticket fulfillment for public and private events.
- Assists in coordinating vendor activations at all events, including collecting vendor information, communicating event details, and providing effective feedback to vendors to ensure continuing relationships and vendor satisfaction.
- Takes lead on select Cities West Media events as event manager.
- Assists in executing event photo and digital communications in coordination with Marketing Director and Director of Digital Content.
- Participates in marketing initiatives for Cities West Media. This includes assisting in creating and coordinating advertising materials and client communications, launching new B2B and B2C campaigns and coordinating marketing programs.
- Assists in planning and executing social media strategies and campaigns, including the creation of graphic, photo and video content, as well as copy writing and social media management.
- Partners with the marketing and circulation departments to develop creative marketing plans and distribution strategies.
- Assists in the fulfillment of sponsorship contracts.
- Assists in coordinating the execution of broadcast and digital advertising as well as promotional assets derived from sponsorship and trade.
- Assists in conceptualizing, planning, and executing new marketing and advertising campaigns to grow the Cities West Media audience, event attendance, and social media reach.
- Assists in advertising and marketing support as needed.
- 3+ years of marketing and event experience or Bachelor’s degree in marketing.
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and execution, including vendor coordination, set up, day-of execution, and post-event follow up.
- Strong ability to partner with multiple departments including sales, editorial, production, finance, and operations.
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to work with CRM software (MagHub/AdOrbit)
- Proficiency with design applications including InDesign and Photoshop
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Creativity and enthusiasm for marketing and events
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and work full, 10+ hour event days
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Requires ability to travel throughout the Phoenix metro area for business meetings and events. Travel may occasionally extend to areas beyond Phoenix and Arizona
- Willingness to work occasional evenings/weekends and irregular hours.
Reports to, and works closely with, the Chief Revenue Officer. Interacts with all departments including Digital Content, Sales, Editorial, Production, Finance, and Operations. Manages own time and directs his/herself with minimal supervision most of the day.
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000
Email resumes to email@example.com